Location, Location, Location. We have all heard it, and it really is so important to keep in mind when purchasing Lake Tahoe Real Estate. As a buyer, how can you really confirm if a house is in the right location for you while we shelter in place? Rest assured, you may not be able to hang out at the local café and watch the regulars or check out the popular restaurants and shops. You do, however, still have options thanks to technology. Check out these tips for scoping out your potential future neighborhood while still saying safe and at home.
- Ask your Lake Tahoe Realtor. We are a wealth of knowledge on the local area and can provide pretty much any detail from nearby businesses, walkability, proximity to schools and all the pros and cons each area has.
- You likely started with this one searching for the most common headlines but you can also take a virtual walk thanks to Google Street View. Check out the local parks, the nearby streets and more while staying home.
- Social Media now has plenty of active neighborhood communities and group pages that allow you to see what is happening from crime, questions, local events and more. This is a great tool to also “get to know your neighbors”.
- Neighborhood Data Websites also offer great insight when looking at homes for sale in Lake Tahoe. You simply enter a zip code and everything from demographics to school ratings to crime rates will pop up. In most cases there will usually be comments from residents, former residents or potential residents that could answer some questions you have.
- Look at schools and educational stats for the area. Lake Tahoe real estate has 4 different elementary schools spread throughout town on the California side of the South Shore. Each one is known for something different so if you have children, look for homes for sale in Lake Tahoe that are in your desired school zones.
- Determine the type of commute you would like. Perhaps you have to drive to Reno or Carson Valley for work but you want to be on the California side. A neighborhood like Stateline, Bijou or Heavenly Valley would be good choices as you can quickly navigate Kingsbury Grade. The good news is that if you live and work in South Lake Tahoe, the town is small which means you can get to and from one end of town to the other pretty quickly.
- Look at other homes for sale in Lake Tahoe. When you look at the local real estate, you get an idea for the year that most properties were built as well as popular architecture styles. Knowing things like this help you gauge what other types of homes are in the neighborhood which also impacts values.
If you are looking for more details on buying in the area, give me a call. As a local Lake Tahoe Realtor, I would be happy to help you navigate how to purchase in the era of Covid-19.